Director, International Tax
KBF is built differently. An entrepreneurial mindset combined with deep technical experience, KBF is a trusted partner and recognized leader in international tax services.
Since day one, our growth has been rapid, requiring exceptional professionals that bring both technical skill and strategic vision to the table. Our culture combines the energy and flexibility of a start-up with the opportunity to develop and advance a career based on your strengths and interests.
KBF is currently seeking a Director to lead our International Tax Services team. This is a partner-track opportunity for a high-performing candidate with a strong desire to lead a growing practice.
The KBF International Tax Services group is focused on assisting clients and KBF teams with all facets of international tax compliance and consulting. This includes assistance with day-to-day international tax matters that may arise, as well as the identification, design, and implementation of tax planning strategies. As a leader in this space, the group's collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment offers employees the opportunity to work with both high-caliber team members and top-tier clients while maintaining a small-firm atmosphere.
• Advise KBF clients and teams on tax laws and reporting, legislation, and planning strategies to solve interesting and complex international tax problems
• Perform tax research and tax planning, including memo preparation and presentation of proposals to clients with a focus on US-based international tax area
• Prepare/review US-based international tax calculations, including Subpart F, Foreign Tax Credit, E&P, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, etc.
• Prepare/review and provide support for the international tax compliance of the US federal income tax return including Forms 926, 1118, 5471, 5472, 8858, 8865, 8990, 8991, 8992 8993, and other associated tax return disclosures
• Stay current with US international tax reform and implement changes to calculations
• Proactively manage project deadlines to ensure delivery of work products based on client expectations and statutory deadlines
• Openly communicate with partners, clients, and teams about the status, timeline, issues, and progress of projects, tasks, and associated budgets
• Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively both with the client and internally to provide superior client service
• Develop self and others through using feedback, resources, and reflection
• Stay current on changes within the profession and business environment
• Exemplify KBF values
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university & licensed CPA in your home office state
• Minimum 10 years of progressive tax experience with a focus on international tax; Knowledge of a broad range of international and domestic tax law provisions required
• Motivated, quick learner with strong communication skills and demonstrated professionalism
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Individuals must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Irvine, CA | Lake Oswego, OR | Las Vegas, NV| San Diego, CA | Seattle, WA | Remote, USA
Please visit the following link for information related to pay transparency for employees who will work and reside in the United States: